Affiliate marketing is all about making money. a lot of money. without exaggerating it. At least that’s what a quick Google search leads you to believe, but as usual, the truth is a little more complicated than that. Yes, you can make money from affiliate marketing. And yes, you can even make money while you sleep. But there are rules to follow. In this article, we will teach you how to make passive income with successful affiliate marketing for beginners.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is when the merchant / web organizer / e-commerce website / etc. Online pays you a commission on the traffic or sales generated by your referrals.
So far, so good.
How does affiliate marketing work?
Affiliate marketing is a simple 3-step process:
- you recommend a product or service to your subscribers;
- Your subscribers purchase the product or service using your referral link;
- You are paid a commission for sales made using your referral link.
The Right Affiliate Marketing Methods For Beginners
You now know the basic definition of affiliate marketing and how the process works, so let’s talk about how to get started.
Many potential marketers do not take the time to plan their strategy. They sign up for every affiliate program they find and end up getting confused.
Don’t be like them.
Take your time and follow these six steps if you want to prepare for success.
1. Find your niche
Choosing a well-targeted niche will direct your business and help you with content. It will also facilitate the creation of targeted marketing campaigns. To choose your major, just ask a few questions:
- What is my passion? Usually, the things we get excited about are things we already know, which facilitates content creation;
- Is this topic big enough? Is the topic broad enough to create up to 100 blog posts? Otherwise, you may have a hard time optimizing your search engine, getting traffic and building your authority;
- Is niche saturated? Is there room for another subsidiary in this field?
- Is the subject financially viable? If you are interested in two topics, one of which is monetized and one that is not, then choose the first.
2. Create a blog
Once you find a profitable niche you are interested in, you are ready to start a blog. By the way, there are several pages that you should consider including on your site (and some are absolute must for affiliate marketers):
- about page : Make it fun and get people to get to know you a little bit. Here I explain how to write a page about the successful page;
- Contact : This should include any contact information you wish to share with our junior affiliate marketing partners, readers, advertisers or partners;
It’s important to make sure your policies are clear to avoid confusion and build trust with your audience.
3. Writing high quality content
Now that you have your blog up and running, you need to create some content.
Some affiliate networks and affiliate programs require that you already have content, site traffic, and a certain amount of monthly views before you are accepted as an affiliate, so be sure to read their terms and conditions. Eligibility before applying.
This does not mean that you have to create 100 blog posts before you even consider becoming an affiliate marketer, but you must already have at least 5 high value blog posts.
4. Collect emails
Yes, email is still the #1 channel of communication. And even more so for affiliate marketing beginners.
What does this mean for you ? Investing a little money and time in growing your mailing list is good for your affiliate company.
And to collect subscribers, you have to create an online audience.
5. Choose affiliate products to promote
If you have done professional research beforehand, choosing affiliate products to promote should be easy! Choose products that match your theme to stay consistent.
Where do you find ideas for promoted products?
- Promote products you already use
What do you already use and love? There is likely to be an affiliate program for that.
Make a list of all the products and services you use and click on Google to find their affiliate programs. Then contact the brands directly.
No matter what products you enjoy using, there is likely to be an affiliate program.
- Promote products that meet the need
Listen to people who are interested in your niche. What problems do they face? Are there gaps in the solutions already available? Find products that can help them and give them a try. If the products are good, be an affiliate and recommend them. Your audience wants solutions. And if he finds them, he will be willing to pay dearly.
- Promote products that your audience wants to know about
Ask your audience what products they are interested in and test them out. If you like it, I recommend them. If not, tell them. At best, you will get sales. At worst, you will earn the trust of your readers.
- Promote other people’s products in your field
Spy on other marketers in your niche. What are they talking about and promoting? What ads do they use? Check out Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook to take a look at their posts and see how they’re doing.
6. Join the affiliate marketing network
Affiliate networks are basically online marketplaces where retailers list their products and affiliates can find products to sell. Network Marketing acts as an intermediary.
Here are some of the most popular affiliate marketing networks, but there is much more than that:
- CJ Affiliate;
- Amazon Associates