Are you thinking of starting an online business? There are several basic steps that you can take to create marketing campaigns that lead to success and ensure your success. Starting !
1. You have the right idea
Any successful business starts with a business idea. And this great idea should contain all the right answers to many questions:
- What will your work consist of?
- Who are your customers?
- What is your target market?
- What are your main products? / What services do you provide?
- Who are your competitors?
Of course, it is not that simple. You can find all kinds of good answers to fill in the question bar. However, it is important to remember your core values and the single main purpose that drives your entire business forward. before every ” What is ‘and’ who is’, let’s think about ‘why’ only.
And remember that it is not enough to have the right idea, make it great.
2. Know your market
Today’s customers want to feel that brands are speaking directly to them. According to several studies on this topic:
As a new small online business, if you take the time to learn more about your audience, you can provide them with personalized and engaging content right from the start.
3. Define your audience
If you already have customers, you can use their data to create an audience profile. Useful data points to identify include:
- Age group
- the work ;
- Marital status;
- Areas of interest;
- Spending habits.
How this information is collected is up to you. You can for example:
- Refer to social media marketing and use analytics tools on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- You speak directly to their customers and inquire with them.
4. Choose a business model
When learning how to set up an online business from scratch, it is helpful to know some of the proven online business models.
Here are six types of online businesses to consider:
- E-commerce: Use a service like Shopify to create a website and sell physical products online;
- Affiliate Marketing : Promote other companies’ products and services online and get commission for every sale you make with this passive income idea;
- Training and Consulting: Become a coach or consultant and sell your experience, advice and support;
- Information Products : Consolidate and sell your expertise in e-books, online training, etc.;
- does not depend on : provide a service to other people and businesses using a skill you possess, such as advertising, writing, copying, design, or programming;
- Software as a Service (SaaS) : Create a program or application and charge users a recurring subscription fee.
5. Choose a business name
Choosing your business name is an important step in starting your online business. For this, you will need to check if the name you want is available as follows:
- The Company’s name ;
- domain name;
- The username on each social network you plan to use.
If the name you chose is not available as a domain name or social media username, plan different name changes and remember that many domain name extensions other than “.com” are available.
Also verify that your name and domain name do not infringe any registered trademarks.
6. Develop a business plan
Once you know your idea is feasible, and you have your business name in place, develop a comprehensive business plan. Even if you don’t plan to secure funding for your business, at least not initially, a business plan can still help identify potential roadblocks and plan for future growth and profitability.
The work you did in Step 1 gives you a good base on which to develop your business plan. Several online resources are available to help you put together the building blocks of a solid plan.
7. Determine the finances of your business
Many new entrepreneurs often ask themselves the same question: “How do I open a business bank account?” After you formally register your business with your local government, you must have the tax identification numbers and other information required to open a business bank account.
As you grow, you may need funding for future projects, whether it’s a new product launch or marketing and advertising expenses. Having business bank accounts makes it easier for you to manage this capital and keep track of your income and expenses.
8. Study your competition
The best way to start a small online business is to research any company that can be considered a competition. In order to launch yourself in the market, you must define your brand image and position on it. Analyze your competitors to see how well they are performing.
- Who are your competitors?
- Who are their clients?
- What problem do they solve for people?
- What are their products/services?
- What are people’s reactions to their products/services?
This will give you an idea of who your target customers are and make you think about how to do things better than your competitors.
9. Design and build your own website
Once you have defined all these steps well, you are now ready to design your website. Remember to keep it simple because you have less than five seconds to grab a potential customer’s attention. So :
- Make your navigation clear and simple on the site, and the same on every page;
- Choose one or two simple fonts on a white background;
- Include a subscription offer so you can collect email addresses.
- Facilitate the buying process: No more than two clicks between the lead and the payment.
- Make your website easy to use, as it is the front of your online store.
10. Use search engines
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is the easiest way to drive traffic to a completely new site. It has two advantages over expecting traffic to come to you organically:
- immediately appears on search pages;
- It allows you to test different keywords, as well as titles, prices, and ways to sell.
Not only do you get instant traffic, but you can also use pay-per-click (PPC) ads to see which keywords are converting the most. Then, you can distribute the keywords throughout your site, which will help your rank in organic search results.
11. Create a reputation as an expert
People use the Internet to find information. Provide this information for free to other sites including guest blogs, and you will see more traffic and higher search engine rankings. The secret is to always include a link to your site.
- View expert content for free. Create articles, videos, or any other content that people find useful. transmission of this content via social networks or online article directories;
- Become an active expert In target market forums and social networking sites.
This will reach new readers. Even better, every site that publishes your content will link to your site. Search engines love links from relevant sites and will reward you in the rankings.
12. Convert visitors into buyers through email marketing
When you create a subscription list, you are creating one of the most valuable assets in your online business. Not only is email marketing cheaper and more effective than print, TV or radio because it is highly targeted, but it helps develop lifelong relationships with your visitors.
Anyone who visits your site and subscribes to your list is a highly potential customer. And there is no better tool than email marketing to follow up on these potential customers.
13. Choose a Marketing Strategy
When you are ready to start promoting your business online, you need to choose a marketing strategy. There are many of them, but when it comes to learning how to start an online business, some are better than others.
Here are four digital marketing methods you can use to land sales fairly quickly:
- Social Media Marketing: Using social media to create and share content, interact with your target audience and drive traffic to your website to generate sales;
- Influencer Marketing: Collaborate with influencers to promote your products directly to their followers;
- Paid ads: Advertise on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google and YouTube to increase brand awareness and increase sales;
- direct awareness: Connect with individuals in companies to provide your services.
14. Increase your income
One of the most important digital marketing strategies is to develop lasting value for each customer. At least 36% of people who have bought from you once will buy from you again if you proceed correctly. Closing that first sale is by far the hardest part, not to mention the most expensive. So use overselling and overselling to entice them to buy again:
- View products that complete the initial purchase;
- View related products on the Thank You page after purchasing them;
- Reward your customers for their loyalty so that they become more loyal;
- Send out electronic loyalty vouchers that they can redeem on their next visit.
sIf you are just starting an online business, follow these steps. If you’ve been online for a while, do a quick review and see if there’s a step you’ve been overlooking or haven’t had time to do. You can’t go wrong with the basics.
Finally, it may take some time to learn how to start a successful online business. So don’t worry if your first online business doesn’t take off right away. Many of the most successful entrepreneurs fail many times before they succeed!
Do you want to learn how to design a sustainable business idea? Design our training and promote a digital training offer Offers a module that develops the topic extensively.