Like Google, Instagram wants to focus more on original content. In this sense, the Instagram algorithm has been updated regarding the way the platform ranks content…
An update focused on the originality of the content
Adam Mosseri, President of Instagram, announced that the company will change its ranking algorithm to Highlight the original content more. Without revealing too many details, Mosseri says original and unique content is likely to be more visible on Instagram than reposted content on, for example, Reels.
“I know a lot of you are skeptical about ratings, but it really helps us make sure that Instagram is more valuable to everyone who uses the platform. This update specifically focuses on the idea of originality. If you create something from scratch, you should get more credit than if you made By sharing something you found from someone else. We will do more to try and give more value to original content, especially over reposted content.”
At first glance, this Instagram algorithm update can only be helpful, but It also raises several questions:
- If you post content from other platforms, will the reach of your Instagram posts be affected?
- Could you be penalized if a larger profile reposts your original content?
The primary goal is to reduce the dominance of aggregators and to give more value to content creators who post original content.
To allay subscribers’ concerns, Adam Mosseri made several points:
- Content edited outside of Instagram and then uploaded to the app will not be penalized;
- Publication date is an essential component. If you repost a lot of content from other accounts, you are likely to see a drop in reach. Remember that content aggregators are at the center of this update. If the account is aggregate, Instagram will most likely detect that it is not authentic;
- Arranging original Instagram content. The platform will continue to improve its processes to better source content and publish the original text, to help true creators.
As always, this is a test of how the update will perform over time.
Another feature is now available to everyone
Along with prioritizing original content, the . file Product Label Now available to all creators. Anyone in the US can use the Instagram branding and product tagging feature, which was previously restricted to certified creators.
Just like your favorite influencer, you can tag a post. Thus the user will be directed to the Product Detail Page after clicking on the product or brand name. He can then purchase products directly in the app.
According to Instagram:
” You bought a new pair of earrings from a small company you love? Tag the product in your post (editor’s note: in the app’s main feed) so your friends and followers can learn more about the winnings and buy them! People come to Instagram to share and discover trends and inspiration. Product tagging will allow everyone to support their favorite small business, share how they styled their look with the products they used, and more “.