expertise: Minimum 8 years in labor relations, including negotiation of collective agreements
type of employment: Full time (35 hours/week)
Hybrid mode: minute face to face. 2 days – remote work max. 3 days
Duration of employment: permanent position
beginning: As soon as possible
salary: according to experience
The Association of Creative Communications Agencies (A2C) brings together 90 member agencies with diverse profiles and services (communication, marketing, advertising, digital, media, design, relationship, events, etc.), which generate more than 80% of sales volume. Industry Affairs in Quebec. Our mission is to ensure the vitality and excellence of the communications industry in Quebec. For more details please visit our website.
ACA is the only organization in the country dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of companies that advertise goods, products, and services that are marketed and sold in Canada. ACA members include more than 300 companies and subsidiaries in Canada, about a third of which have a head office in Quebec.
The Associate Producers Association (APC) is made up of A2C, the Canadian Advertisers Association (ACA), and the Canadian Agencies Institute (ICA). These three unions came together to negotiate the collective agreements applicable to their members producing French-language advertisements in Quebec.
Reporting to A2C’s Director of Corporate and Legal Affairs and liaison with the Vice President of ACA, the Labor Relations Consultant is primarily involved in negotiating collective agreements in the sector. Advertising production (APC-UDA Agreement for Internet Advertising Production for New Media, APC-UDA Agreement for Radio and Television Advertising Production, ACA-ACTRA Agreement for All Media Advertising Production) and day-to-day business relationships (product interpretation issues, grievance management, etc.).
He/she will work closely with the Director of Corporate Affairs and Legal Affairs at A2C, ACA, Negotiating Committees and our external advisor.
Its main tasks and mandates for the period 2022-2023 are:
Mediation for the renewal of the two collective agreements (2) APC-UDA in the advertising production sector (in French):
- Analysis of union demands
- Analysis of employer requests and drafting of texts
- Coordination and preparation of internal meetings with the A2C Negotiating Committee, with the ACA, with the mediator and with the UDA
- Act as an APC spokesperson during mediation meetings
Negotiation of the renewal of the commercial agreement between ACA-ACTRA in the advertising production sector (in English):
- Formation of the APC Negotiating Committee
- PCA Application Preparation
- Preparation and coordination of meetings with the A2C Negotiating Committee, with the ACA and with ACTRA
- Active participation in the negotiating committee
Daily working relationships:
- APC-UDA Agreements:
- Coordination of Ad Advisor Service (Product Interpretation Issues) currently provided by our external attorney
- Grievance Management
- ACA-ACTRA Agreement:
- Providing advertising consultant service (translation questions from producers)
- Grievance Management
Training and communication with producers:
- Cooperation in providing information and training courses for producers on collective agreements (2 per year)
- Collaborate in crafting relevant communications to producers and managers
- Training in industrial relations or law
- minute. 8 years experience in business relations
- Experience in negotiating collective agreements
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Assets: Experience in labor relations in the production sector (advertising, novel or commissioned work) and knowledge of artist status laws (Quebec, Canada)
- Judgment and critical thinking
- High personal skills
- High writing skills
- Independence and a sense of organization
- Desire to work for the advancement of the advertising production industry in Quebec and Canada
Please send your CV and application letter no later than 14 September 2022 via the form.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.