If you want an exciting career in online marketing with the highest degree of freedom and flexibility, why not become a digital marketing freelancer? This comprehensive guide for beginners or anyone looking to change careers and enter the exciting world of digital marketing…
In this article you will learn:
- What is freelance digital marketing?
- What types of tasks can it perform?
- What are the pros and cons of this job?
Have you decided to become a freelancer in the field of digital marketing? Before you surrender your resignation and dive into the industry, think about whether this career is right for you, your interests, and your abilities.
Ask yourself the right questions:
- Am I creative enough to develop marketing strategies on various platforms and media?
- How strong are my writing and editing skills?
- Do I enjoy analyzing campaign results and adjusting strategies until I find the right solution?
- How well do I know about SEO? Am I ready to learn more?
- Am I an expert in technology?
- Do I have an eye for design?
- How good are your community building skills?
What is freelance digital marketing?
These questions highlight some of the skills you will need to excel in digital marketing.
This is because unlike other freelance jobs, a marketing professional has to wear many hats as a freelance worker. Digital marketing has a number of unique channels and processes, plus you need to have the skills required to provide a range of services to clients.
A freelance worker must have the essential qualities to carry out some of the most common activities which include:
- Writing texts for blogs, web pages and social networks;
- Create and edit videos.
- assistance in creating and designing websites;
- creation of advertisements, including text and visuals;
- designing visual elements such as infographics;
- lead generation;
- Integration of new clients and management of client appointments.
- management of accounts and communities on social networks;
- organize webinars or distribute podcasts;
- Develop the campaign and marketing strategy for your clients;
- Launch advertising campaigns and manage advertising budgets.
- Run social media campaigns (free and paid)
- Send emails to your customer’s clients;
- Email marketing campaign management;
- Optimizing customer sites for search engines (SEO);
- Preparing monthly project reports.
- Issuance of invoices to clients.
What are the advantages of working as a freelancer for digital marketing?
- Work the hours you want as long as you meet deadlines;
- You can work with clients anywhere. This gives you access to major markets and large companies outside the area you live in, allowing you to charge higher rates for your business.
- You can choose the job you want. There are many platforms for freelancers that connect multiple digital marketing clients. You choose the type of jobs, industries, and companies you want to work with.
- You can rely on other freelancers as needed for help or expertise. This allows you to learn as you complete projects.
- You can receive payments faster when using services that provide guarantee.
And what are the flaws?
- Since you often work alone, you will have to put on all hats in order to develop your activity;
- The competition is tough. Assuming you will be connecting with clients via dedicated platforms, you will have to stand out among all the other freelancers around the world.
- Revenue is unpredictable.
- It can be difficult to strike a work-life balance at first. Learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle on a daily basis;
- There are no benefits. Moreover, things change very quickly in the digital world. You cannot rely on your company to send you to classes or workshops that will help you improve your skills.
Now that you know some of the pros and cons of freelance work, let’s take a closer look at all the key steps to get started in this next article.
If you need to train yourself in this area, take a look at this course “Developing Your Business with Internet Marketing”.