Direct marketing, which is especially appreciated by many companies, has proven its existence for several years, long before the birth of the digital age. This communication strategy is designed to communicate directly with your target in order to motivate them and get them to act. Certain techniques must be implemented to succeed…
1. Define your goal
Use tools, like CRM, to customize your goal. Throughout the customer journey, take the time to gather different information in order to better qualify them in your database:
- products viewed;
- his purchase history.
- Their contact details, including their contacts, email addresses, surname, first name, etc. ;
- his behavior on the web;
- his areas of interest;
- her needs.
Thanks to your CRM software, you can easily complete your list as a customer makes purchases or add a service or item to their cart. At the same time, you can receive other important information during the exchange, in particular, an appointment, email or phone call with the client or potential client.
From this data, divide the list of qualified contacts to better customize your marketing campaigns. When you do direct marketing actions, all you have to do is choose the profiles that you best match. By going forward in this way, you are more likely to reach people who are sensitive to your message, and thus get feedback from them.
2. Create an effective message
This is one of the essential steps in implementing your direct marketing campaign, because the way you formulate the message is crucial to the reaction of the recipient who will or will not carry out the expected action.
How do you get his attention? By giving him a chance or giving him a promise that you will keep it next. Offer him a service, product, or reward to receive after performing the desired action… and what could be more attractive than a discount or an invitation to an event, for example?
In any case, your message should be compelling, original and relevant to promoting your brand, your company’s strengths, your services, and your products. If the content is compelling, then the prospect or client will have a natural motivation to respond immediately to the message received to take advantage of the opportunity or promise made. Simple but effective!
3. Choose the right communication tools
Choose the right communication channel to send the right message to the right target. Among the various direct marketing tools, you have:
New Communication Technologies
The new communication technologies, which are preferred by many companies, allow them to reach the majority of their goals using the internet as well as their cell phones on a daily basis.
- Online advertising, including display, search, or affiliate, drives a potential customer or customer to take action;
- Social marketing and digital marketing consists of using different digital tools to send your messages. In particular, you can use mobile applications, websites, emails, online videos, social media and mobile applications to address your target audience;
- Mobile Marketing: Depending on a news item or promotion or its geographic location, it is about conveying a message to the potential customer or customer using the mobile phone on a daily basis.
It is clear that some proven traditional tools continue to be used to convince the target. And it always works!
- The interactive kiosk allows the consumer to make purchases as well as get information;
- Telephony or telemarketing is the selling of a service or product by making phone calls;
- Boxing is a technique for sending customized advertisements and offers to a target’s mailbox;
- Email makes it easy to contact your targets who check their emails daily on their cell phones. This method is the least expensive among all traditional and modern solutions.
Use marketing automation
With marketing automation software, you can better organize and manage direct marketing campaigns by scheduling automated emails or text messages to be sent at the right time. This programming can be carried out by considering the profile and behavior of the target as well as the interaction time.
Track and analyze results
Just as it is necessary to properly prepare your direct marketing strategy, it is also necessary to monitor and analyze it. Thus you will be able to discover deficiencies in the actions that have been implemented in order to correct and improve them. To learn more about the performance of the executed processes, just refer to the KPIs or KPIs.
All obtained results are compared with the expected results. This approach also makes it possible to know the cost of acquiring a new customer as well as the cost of maintaining it.