The Lionel-Groulx Foundation is currently looking for a Communications Officer to complete its team and contribute to its mission, which is to work for the development of Quebec by promoting its history, language and culture. In 2022, the organization modernized its image and communication tools, notably by overhauling its graphic charter and website and developing a strategy on its digital platforms. In this context, the organization would like to appoint a Communications Officer. He will actively contribute to the development of the current and future projects of the enterprise, in particular our giantsa series of web and television educational capsules, featuring notable figures in our history who have contributed to the vitality and defense of the French language, from New France to the present day.
The ideal candidate has a complete mastery of social media platforms and the tools used to manage and monitor them. He or she has a strategic vision for digital development and is passionate about Quebec City, its history, culture and language!
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing and under the authority of the CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for developing impactful content distribution strategies that will increase the impact of the organization and its projects. It will also have a mandate to move digital platforms by developing an organization-specific tone. You will manage the organization’s publication calendars and transmit relevant information on the organization’s platforms. Finally, the incumbent will ensure that audiences develop for all enterprise projects with target clients.
- Design and write a variety of content that fits the various digital platforms of the organization
- Develop impactful content strategies aimed at increasing the organization’s impact, news, and projects
- Activate the company’s social media platforms
- Develop and monitor content calendars for various digital platforms
- Coordination of publishing content on different platforms
- Manage advertising content within the allocated budget
- Ensuring audience development for enterprise projects with target clients
- Ensuring the clarity of the vision of the partners of the institution
- Collaborate in writing the weekly newsletter
- Support the production and organization of enterprise events: filming, conferences, launching, etc.
- Produce reports on the public participation rate and participation in the analysis of the data collected
- Ensure that trends are evolving and best practices are kept abreast
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
- A degree in history, an asset
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and mastery of the tools used to monitor and manage them
- Knowledge of secondary education environment, an asset
- Find trends and best practices in content and social media
- Good understanding of marketing, promotion and communication principles
- Excellent writing ability and excellent command of the French language
- Independence and a sense of organization and planning
- Curiosity and a sense of initiative
- Good judgment, synthesis spirit and good ability to promote
- A keen interest in the mission of the institution and its projects
- Temporary, full-time position (4 days/week), for 30 months (end of March 2025), with possibility of renewal.
- Started on September 6, 2022
- Salary to be discussed based on experience
- Group insurance and group RRSP (after probationary period)
- Vacation + 2 weeks during the festive season
- A motivating and positive environment with a strong work ethic team
- A charming workplace for history and heritage enthusiasts
- Hybrid working formula