The value of advertising sold by programming in the United States is expected to reach $725 billion by 2026, according to the latest projections. Meanwhile, in 2021, spending on mobile advertising was US$288 billion. Globally.
As advertising agencies and the media adapt to changing conditions, the advertising industry is becoming increasingly competitive. Advertisers are under pressure to create more effective strategies for communicating brand messages, especially on channels such as mobile.
Programmatic advertising is an important part of digital advertising; However, how can brands ensure the success of automated mobile campaigns in 2022? Roman Froblevsky, director of SmartHub, a white-label software solution, shares his thoughts.
1. Launch mobile campaigns for every demographic
The customer experience must first and foremost be human-centred. This is where demographics come in handy.
Demographic profiling refers to the classification of a target market based on specific variables, such as age, education, and gender. Bytes of profile data can be segmented into different segments, allowing marketers to target customers more accurately than ever before.
Based on demographics, marketers can modify product features or distribution strategy to reach the market segment with the most potential. Brands can use demographic data in mobile campaigns to deliver more personalized ads, boost conversions, and improve customer satisfaction for each demographic.
2. Combine contextual and behavioral targeting
From a privacy perspective, contextual targeting is still very useful because it depends on the context of the web page and not user data. However, you should not completely ignore behavioral targeting, as it provides better customization on automated platforms.
For example, a travel agency might use a contextual advertising campaign to focus on people using travel-related apps. However, the same agency can also target the same audience on almost any type of application, not just thematic topics. why? Because behavioral targeting shows ads to people who are likely to be interested in the product or service based on their digital characteristics (defined by advertisers on the DSP). In this way, the content of the application does not play a large role in determining the recipients of the advertisement: the audience is the most important.
3. Launch retargeting campaigns
While retargeting was originally touted as the best way to win over shopping cart leavers, the practice has recently been codified into other features:
B2B brands use it to promote content and brand affinity
Educational organizations use it to educate potential recruits
Retail brands use it to increase customer lifetime value through loyalty campaigns
Retargeting can be used effectively by brands to win back the attention of users who haven’t converted on the web. In general, retargeting increases the effectiveness of other marketing efforts and increases brand awareness. When done correctly, retargeting can be an incredibly effective way to convert a potential customer into loyal fans of the brand.
4. Get the most out of your mobile designs
It’s simple: creating quality requires engagement. But creating high-quality designs is far from simple.
Creative is the advertisement displayed to users on a web page, application, or other digital environment; It can be images, videos, audio and other formats that are delivered to users. Designs are the first point of contact for brands with consumers and play an important role in performance marketing.
However, when running automated campaigns, designs are often overlooked as marketers focus more on the data and the optimization aspect of targeting. Other times, marketers feel the need to stuff creative materials with too much information, which makes them crowded. In a mobile environment, this practice should be avoided at all costs.
Also, your design must be suitable for the mobile environment in which it is served. In the mobile web environment, you can serve the same designs as on the web; The in-app environment requires that the ads be customized according to the characteristics of the app.
5. Automate your mobile campaign
Programmatic advertising offers several advantages that you can apply to your mobile campaigns; Most importantly, it can automate the processes of displaying ads and purchasing inventory. Mobile DSP can take the burden of manual ad placement for you, because on these platforms, real-time bidding algorithms automate the campaign flow from start to finish. Based on the entered targeting criteria, the system will automatically find the most suitable position for each ad impression (according to your needs).
“In addition, modern mobile automated platforms are also equipped with exceptional optimization algorithms that allow advertisers to save ad budgets. Similarly, technologies such as vertical auctions make media commerce global and fair, as advertisers have the ability to access the best inventory simultaneously. However, This is not the full list of what bot advertising can do for advertisers. The format of audio advertising, CTV, wearables – these things represent a new era of bots that will have greater impact and efficiency,” says Roman Vroblevsky, President of SmartHub.
Here’s what’s to come in automated programming:
- Wearable devices: Wearable technology has become so popular that marketers have started using it to deliver programmatic ads. Wearable devices can provide users with instant notifications for apps, emails and text messages, allowing them to see and respond to notifications faster. For marketers, this means faster access to relevant data that will provide more adaptable and responsive advertising campaigns. At the same time, marketers must adapt their strategies to take advantage of the emergence of smaller screen devices. For example, it is unrealistic to expect a consumer to read several paragraphs of text on a smartwatch with a 38mm screen. In this case, wearable devices, such as smartwatches, may require that your designs be modified to better fit your screen size, allowing users to get what they want from your ads without getting frustrated.
- My voiceAutomated ads have already made their mark in video, mobile, and screen, and they’re now making waves in sound, too. Through audio advertising, brands can reach a wider audience while amplifying their brand voice. Audio content unlocks targeting options that other formats don’t offer in the same way. Podcasts are neatly segmented by niche and topic. Music can be adapted to different moods and activities; It’s best if sportswear brands target gym playlists, for example. As audio continues to grow in popularity, established formats, such as in-app video and CTV/OTT, will continue to be dominant. As a result, marketing teams using all three formats will have a huge advantage in the near future.
- biscuit: Cookies are being phased out, but how will programmatic advertising and, more specifically, automated audiences be affected in the absence of persistent identifiers? As governments have tightened privacy frameworks and confirmed their intent to remove third-party cookies, digital advertisers need to step things up and keep things safe. As an alternative, more brands will look for the opportunities that contextual advertising and direct-to-customer campaigns offer.
Mobile is a unique advertising channel that becomes more and more useful every year – new interactive advertising formats and technologies appear, making the user experience more attractive and meaningful. On the other hand, automated ads make phone ads simpler and more effective. With targeting options and innovative technologies, advertisers can more accurately deliver ads to users’ screens to increase the likelihood of conversion. Following these five tips in the article can help your mobile auto campaign become profitable and effective.