place Remote work, anywhere in Canada
Necessary: Bilingual, English and French
Description of the organization
ALUS is a national charitable organization that helps more than 1,400 agricultural producers implement nature-based solutions on their land. Target? Supporting agriculture and climate resilience and increasing biodiversity for the benefit of societies and future generations. ALUS is present in about thirty communities in Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Prince Edward Island.
The new Acre project is ALUS’ sponsorship platform. It offers companies an ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) solution that allows them to positively impact the planet and within the communities in which they operate.
ALUS builds on an innovative, authentic, collaborative, caring and inclusive work culture and provides a decentralized work environment, employing professionals in various fields across Canada. At ALUS, we value creativity, passion and integrity and firmly believe that transparency is the foundation of trust and that it is essential to developing a high performing team.
The role in the organization
In this newly created role, you will help establish and reach ALUS by always finding the right story and the right tone to speak to our diverse audiences on all our platforms and in both official languages. You will be responsible for increasing ALUS’ online presence and its corporate marketing platform, Project New Acre. You will contribute to the implementation of ALUS’ strategic communications and marketing plan, and ensure that ALUS exceeds its ambitious goals in terms of outreach and engagement while supporting the organization’s overall vision.
When reporting to the Director of Communications and Digital Strategy, you will also work with various project teams within ALUS and Project New Acre as required. ALUS is an agile organization that relies on everyone’s ability to address multiple priorities on an ongoing basis.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing national organization and contribute significantly to its long-term success.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of both brands and the diverse audiences of an organization to create content that supports their respective goals and distinct identities.
- Ensures maintenance and updating of websites, social media, internal and external newsletters. Participate in its development and continuous improvement.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the content calendar. Plans and tracks all aspects of content creation and delivery, and ensures search engine optimization (SEO).
- Monitors engagement and adjusts tactics accordingly on websites, social media, and newsletters. Tracks the results of various initiatives through analytical tools and produces reports for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in the development and development of digital internal communication tools, such as intranet, digital asset management system, etc.
- As a social media professional, you provide guidance and support to ALUS communities across the country, as well as ALUS sponsors and partners.
- Occasionally oversees external resources that create visual, audio, or written content for ALUS or Project New Acre.
- Collaborates on other ALUS projects and initiatives that require digital content or expertise.
- Keeps abreast of current social and digital media best practices and stays abreast of environmental and agricultural issues of importance.
Skills, Quality and Experience
- basics : 3+ years of experience in digital communication and a university degree in a related field.
- Necessary : Proficiency in both languages, oral and written, English and French.
- Excellent communication skills and high quality standards You are passionate about human storytelling and education through high-quality content. Your search for the right word is endless and you have a strong aversion to typos.
- Digital Experience: Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.), and various digital communication tools (WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, Photoshop). Ease of use and analysis of web data (Google Analytics). Master the latest SEO strategies. Basic knowledge of the video creation tool is an asset.
- Contents : Excellent skills in creating and editing written and visual content. Basic knowledge in video and audio editing.
- State of mind and mode of action: You are a responsible individual with a high level of personal integrity and enjoy working independently. You have a collaborative and creative attitude and dare to get started. Feel comfortable in a multifaceted work environment where deadlines are tight.
- finally : Basic knowledge of the concept of sustainable agriculture and previous experience in the non-profit environmental sector are assets, but sincere curiosity, an open mind, and a desire to learn and grow are all essential.
Work environment and compensation
- Regular business hours are from Monday to Friday; 35 hours per week.
- Business evenings or weekends on rare occasions. Occasional trips.
- ALUS Canada does not have a central office; The individual will work from a home office, which can be located anywhere in Canada, with reliable access to high-speed Internet and telephone service.
- The candidate will be required to work from a computer capable of supporting Microsoft Office 365, including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. Support or refund may be available for device purchase with minimal operating requirements.
- This position requires the candidate to work with the various ALUS Program teams and join all relevant team meetings via conference call or video conference as determined by the person in charge.
- Employees receive a benefit package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- Pay commensurate with experience and training.
Why isn’t it?
Tremendous growth – ALUS has grown from a group of farmers in Blanchard, Manitoba in 2006 to a national network of more than 35 communities in six counties of 1,400 farmers who have chosen to adopt the program across the country.
We work to conserve agriculture, wildlife and natural spaces for communities and future generations. Together, we’re improving the world we live in, acre by acre.
We offer stimulating business opportunities and an exceptional culture of collaboration. We care about each other and humbly believe that everyone’s work matters. We want to grow together.
ALUS is, and always has been, a telecommuting organization. You can work from home and enjoy a flexible schedule, with some opportunities to travel within Canada.
Come and experience for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our close-knit organization and work for the good of the earth and society!
We offer a competitive salary, excellent organizational culture, benefits and a clear vision for the future.
Commitment to equal opportunity
ALUS believes that all people have the right to equal employment opportunity. It is ALUS’s policy that all employee actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, and terminations, will be taken regardless of race, age, religion, marital status, gender, and nationality. Origin, disability, veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. ALUS is committed to maintaining a work environment free of discrimination based on any of these factors.
Applicants are encouraged to seek accommodations, if necessary, during the application and recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
References will be requested and verified at a later time.
For ease of reading, we have used the masculine as a neutral type to refer to both women and men.