Most of you probably already know that digital content marketing is the dominant sales strategy these days. However, we know that there are so many tools to diversify your marketing strategy that we may not use some of them, just because of a lack of knowledge or time. That is why, in this post, we will tell you how to make the most of popular webinars to innovate your sales strategy and get more clients…
What is a webinar?
Let’s start with the basics. Webinar comes from Web + Seminar which, regardless of frequency, is a webinar or video conference that is broadcast live as audiovisual content on a specific platform. Presents information on a particular topic and seeks to interact with the audience.
This content is usually 1-2 hours in length and features a professional explaining a topic.
It can be free or paid, but in this case we are looking to generate leads or leads. The ideal is to offer free webinars to introduce certain features or characteristics of the products or services we offer.
The webinars are usually broadcast live, but it is best to record them and upload them to the company’s website so that they are available to users who have missed them but may be interested in their content.
What are the benefits of using webinars?
Webinars bring originality and professionalism to your digital marketing strategy. Here are some of the most important benefits they can bring to you, if you decide to start using them:
- This is another marketing strategy that allows you to create high-quality content, and promote other tools that you already use in order to get more potential customers;
- It is an effective and innovative tool to explain concepts that are difficult to articulate on a website or on social networks;
- This allows you to be recognized as an expert in your field, because you are showing an aspect of your product through the professionals;
- You can capture many potential clients at first, as you have to register to participate in a webinar. Thus you get a base of customers interested in your product, which you can convert into customers in the future;
- You increase user engagement because they can interact directly during your webinar and ask questions. This allows you to gain the trust of the user in a more direct way;
- This generated interaction allows you to introduce new webinars and you already have interested clients who are sure to come and invite their contacts.
- In addition to the live broadcast, you have the option to publish it on your website so that more users see it and receive more interactions, and the video is shared by users who were present during the broadcast. This will enrich your networks or blog, making it more interesting for visitors;
- Low cost is an advantage not to be missed. You just need a little time to well plan and advertise the conference as possible, because there are good free tools for doing webinars.
Essential Tips for Starting a Webinar Strategy
In this post, we mainly focus on free webinars aimed at introducing a product or highlighting certain advantages of our services, in order to attract new customers. Here are some tips to keep in mind when developing a webinar strategy:
- Be clear about the content you will be presenting and the target audience;
- Find a professional or speaker who is reliable and knowledgeable about the topic you will be addressing and whose way of communicating with your audience is consistent;
- Make sure that the content is really useful and of high quality because that is how you will get a positive result from the audience. You can add graphics and presentations to make it more educational;
- give your webinar the maximum possible distribution through all your social networks, with paid advertising if necessary, by mail, in cooperation with influencers, by advertising it on your website, among others;
- Communicate very clearly the date and time the webinar will be held. Also set a date range for registration for the seminar, in an effort to make it as wide as possible, in order to disseminate the webinar as widely as possible and to ensure its success;
- Offer perks to attend, such as discounts on products or, why not, direct checkout;
- During the webinar, try to encourage audience participation by asking questions through chat, because that is the idea of this tool: that there is interaction with users;
- In the end, don’t forget to advertise the product you want to sell, either with a link or by letting the audience know that you’ll be emailing them the information. Also, tell him if the next presentation is already planned.
What tools can be used to create a webinar?
Once we are clear about the content and key concepts that we will share to make our webinar a success, we cannot forget the digital tools we will use to create our webinar.
To do this, we will need an online platform that allows interaction with users in order to distribute content. There is a wide range of possibilities, from free providers to paid platforms.
First, we will mention Youtubewhich is not only free, but also has a wide range, since most smartphones today have the downloaded application and it is very easy to access it from a computer. Youtube It allows you to broadcast live and provides the ability to live chat and ask questions as well as record the broadcast and then share it on your networks.
Another option, although somewhat informal, is Instagram Live, which allows you to ask questions directly and even interact with public cameras.
For those looking for a more professional platform, you can choose GoToMeeting or GotoWebinar, which are both paid platforms, but specialized and with many other features for a perfect webinar. They also have related functions, such as sending correspondence and payment systems to participants.
There are also options like Zoom or Google Meet platforms which are free and easy to use, but have a limit of 100 participants and, in the case of Zoom, a 40-minute exposure limit. If these limits work for you, these are good options to start with.
There are many other platforms, including popular platforms like Anymeeting, WebinarJam, and ZipCast, all of which are paid, but with different features, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
The tools that digital marketing puts at our disposal are very diverse and it is up to us to make the most of them to get high leads and leads that generate a strong bond with our brand.
Webinars share many benefits with other inbound marketing strategies. But by positioning you as an expert on a subject, they put you in an advantage over the competition.
With a little investment, you can be in direct contact with your audience in an interactive way, provide them with quality content and learn from their needs and doubts, making it a unique and essential strategy in terms of content marketing.
About the author
Luciana Sanchez : Team member of Habitium.fr and Materialesdefabrica.com