Did you know that there are more than 2 billion monthly active users on WhatsApp in 2020? This marketing channel is increasingly essential for companies that want to connect with an audience. Using messaging is indeed a golden opportunity to improve your strategy. So maybe it’s time to consider incorporating WhatsApp into your marketing strategy!
But first, what is WhatsApp?
As marketers, we like to engage with platforms where our customers are active and where we can stand out, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest. WhatsApp allows more than 160 characters, which is the usual limit for regular text messages. It also allows users to send other content such as video and audio messages.
According to the statistics:
- More than half of WhatsApp users check the app every day;
- Even better, you can be sure that they will receive your offers, as the text messages open rate is 98%;
- As for the target audience, WhatsApp has an average age of 36 years and 71% of users are in the 18-44 age group.
With these numbers, it is clear that WhatsApp has enormous marketing potential. That’s right: WhatsApp isn’t just for texting co-workers or video chatting with family in another city. It can also be used for business as an affordable alternative to international calls or messages.
Features tailored to different marketing needs
WhatsApp offers features specifically designed for Various Marketing Needs To Exploit:
- Connection : You can communicate with your international customers via voice calls. If you are a B2B company, take advantage of video calls for free demos and live consultations;
- share links You can share links to your products or services, PDFs, or documents in the form of case studies, video presentations of products, audio files to inform customers, actions…. ;
- Primary law Can be used in different ways : WhatsApp allows you to create short videos of product demos and share customer experiences. You can display images on product information, use your status to satisfy your customers, or share real-time updates;
- Spread : This feature can send a message to the recipients of your mailing list. It’s a great way to spread awareness of your brand and products and share ads;
- groups : They bring like-minded people together to exchange opinions and ideas. With a maximum size of 256, gather your most important customers to share product previews, early offers, and more.
For example, small businesses can use WhatsApp messages to:
- inform customers of the status of their orders;
- Personalize messages: custom welcome messages, special offers, birthday greetings…;
- inform customers of discounts;
- sending reminders to customers regarding bill payments;
- Recommending to clients possible actions such as new products and services;
- reminding customers of abandoned shopping carts;
Why use WhatsApp in your marketing strategy?
In terms of marketers, the advantages of using WhatsApp are also numerous:
Deep relationships with clients
53% of potential customers say they would buy a product or service from companies that they can reach via chat. Moreover, they feel secure as this app works on end-to-end encryption. This means that it is secure even when sending messages over a public network or free Wi-Fi.
This makes WhatsApp marketing a foolproof strategy for building long and deep relationships with customers. Maintaining such contact helps brands reduce expenses, as customer retention is 5 to 25 times cheaper than acquisition. Out of the box, WhatsApp provides businesses with a solid set of customization opportunities.
Better interaction with customers
We can’t say it enough: Customer engagement is absolutely vital to any kind of business. WhatsApp provides direct communication between customers and salespeople through short but useful messages. By integrating WhatsApp into your marketing strategy, you can quickly answer all the important inquiries of your loyal customers in no time. With the number of smartphone users increasing exponentially, you have a chance to partner with your customers and target customers and get the best potential customers for your business. WhatsApp also allows you to send interesting images and videos to create an exciting and engaging full-fledged marketing campaign.
Better organization of your contacts
You can use the app to organize your contacts using its naming system. It is also possible to import all your work contacts into WhatsApp if you are using a CRM that integrates seamlessly with the app. When you integrate WhatsApp with CRM, you don’t need to keep adding new customer contacts to the app, as it automates the process.
By personally communicating with your customers via WhatsApp, you give them the opportunity to learn more about the product so that it is suitable for a wide range of users. By accepting their feedback and gaining insight into current market trends, clients also help companies explain how other companies in the same industry offer different products and services.
Low marketing cost
WhatsApp is still an affordable marketing channel. All you need to get started is to install the app and connect to the internet. Meanwhile, the chances of your message reaching the customer are very high. On average, a user consults WhatsApp more than 23 times a day. Additionally, WhatsApp Marketing:
- generates more conversions;
- improves sales;
- allows you to build good relationships with clients;
- They cost nothing in terms of marketing spending.
If you are using WhatsApp for business purposes, it makes no sense to do so through a private account. You may lose access to your account and miss out on many great features. However, for many businesses, WhatsApp has a simple solution: WhatsApp Business. It is available on Android and iOS platforms, and can be accessed as an online platform known as WhatsApp Web. In addition, you can use it in the browser if you already have a business account. WhatsApp Business is primarily designed for small businesses that want to organize their presence on the app. It’s free, but a bit limited in its capabilities compared to the WhatsApp Business API.
Ready to use WhatApp?
Marketing on WhatsApp is all about maintaining relationships with customers and creating value. So, to start, the first thing you should think about is how you and your business can fit into the conversations with your audience. Then you need to design an attractive business identity that they can handle. WhatsApp is a powerful tool, and it has become popular due to its simplicity.
Finally, your WhatsApp marketing strategy should be an important part of your marketing arsenal, achieving high-quality CX goals and adding value at critical moments in the customer journey.