(AOF) – The Publicis Group’s joint general meeting adopted all 31 resolutions submitted. Shareholders have given the green light to pay a dividend of €2.40 per share, an increase of 20% over the dividend paid for the fiscal year 2020. Dividend will be paid out on July 4, 2022 and dividend will be paid on July 6, 2022.
It also approved the renewal of Elizabeth Badinter’s four-year term as a member of the supervisory board and the appointment of Tijani Thiam as a member of the supervisory board for a four-year term.
AOF – Learn More
the main points
– World No. 3 in Marketing, Communications and Digital Business Transformation, created in 1926;
– a turnover of 10.5 billion euros divided between 4 “solution centers”: Publicis Communications (creative networks), Publicis Media, Publicis Sapient (digital and consulting) and Publicis Health;
Strong position in the Americas (63% of revenue), ahead of Europe (24%) and Asia Pacific (10%);
The business model is broken down into 4 strengths: customized solutions across data, creativity and broad targeting of proprietary digital media and channels;
– Open Capital (Elizabeth Badinter owns 6.74% of the capital and 12.36% of the voting rights), Maurice Levy, Chairman of the 12-member Supervisory Board, Elizabeth Badinter, Vice President and Arthur Saadoun, Chairman of the Board of Directors;
A sound balance sheet, with net debt of €1.5 billion and free cash flow of €1.2 billion.
– Waiting for a new strategic plan after achieving “Sprint to the Future”.
– The innovation strategy focuses on: Consumer behavior analysis: Mathematical and statistical solutions for media planning, digital data management within MarketForward, organization of the annual Viva Technology Forum, presentation to customers of technology platforms … / Marcel platform for reorganizing the work of artificial intelligence;
– Environmental strategy “Less and Better”: 2030 targets are exceeded compared to 2009 for the use of renewable energies (33.5%) and energy efficiency (1.95 MWh per employee) and on the way to carbon intensity (3.78) / Smart CSR data Open platform
– Strengthening the offer of digital transformation to customers through the acquisition of companies incorporated in Sapiens or Epsilon and it is expected about 500 million euros for 2022;
Continuing significant budget gains and strong demand for first party data and first digital media.
– Sensitivity of sales and results to parity of the euro (15% of revenue) against the dollar (52%) and the pound (10%).
– the impact of the Russo-Ukrainian war: marginal, with the transfer of control of local agencies to their managers and the provision of logistical assistance to 300 Ukrainian employees;
– The 2022 target, which was confirmed after a dynamic start to the financial year, is to increase turnover by 4 to 5%, operating margin by 17.5% and free cash flow of 1.4 billion euros;
– 2021 dividend of €2.4, or 45% of the dividend rate, expected between 45 and 50% in 2022.
Advertising: Attacks in Retail Media
This segment of the advertising market, for e-commerce merchants, consists of monetizing their online advertising space and their customer data. Enjoy strong growth. In recent months, Havas and Publicis has been accelerating its positioning in this field. Thus Havas launched “Ad to Basket”, an entity dedicated to “Retail Media”. As for Publicis, it has acquired CitrusAd, an Australian ad technology company focused on “retail media” primarily based in the United States, for more than $100 million. This process allows Publicis to improve its knowledge of retail locations, lending credibility to its experience with its customers. Finally, the French group Criteo, focused on online advertising launched in 2005, set out to boost the sector by acquiring an English company for $380 million.