The City of Sorrell Tracy is looking for a person to fill the permanent position as Communications Officer – Digital (Social Networks) in the Communications Department.
Brief job description
Under the supervision of the Communications Services Manager, the Digital Communications (Social Networks) Officer will have the main responsibilities for content development, use of city social networks and out-of-hours assurance.
The person selected must develop communication strategies in line with the objectives of the city, as well as create content (videos, photos, texts, simple visuals, etc.) to promote city services and street attractions in social networks.
Skilled in communication, the person must be comfortable talking live on networks, giving interviews, and leading discussions in order to broadcast these excerpts.
He or she is very familiar with social networks and can analyze and measure the reach of posts. Keen to provide excellent customer service, the digital contact person (social networks) answers citizens’ questions that come to him.
At all times, he or she represents the city. He may also have to write press releases, internal press releases, and prepare publications on the city’s website. He or she provides advice and technical assistance to his team to make communications more effective.
- University degree in Marketing or Communication (Digital Media, Journalism, Public Relations, Film, Television, etc.). Persons with a University Diploma (DEC) in Communication Technologies, Arts and Media or in a communications related discipline will be considered;
- Fluency in spoken and written French;
- Detailed knowledge of social media and its peculiarities;
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.);
- Perfect drive for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Google Analytics, YouTube, Hootsuite, etc. ;
- The ability to use smartphones for photography, editing and photography.
- Highly creative, dynamic, inquisitive and versatile;
- easy control of animations for videos;
- to have a sense of rep;
- Enjoy communicating with the public;
- Be a good communicator.
- Great ability for promotion and synthesis;
- resourcefulness and great independence;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time;
- Perfection, with the ability to meet tight production deadlines;
- ability and interest in new technologies;
- You have tact and diplomacy.
Terms and rewards
The salary and benefits contained in the Collective Agreement for Civil Servants of the City of Sorrell Tracy.
Those wishing to apply should send their CV and a copy of their diploma Before noon Friday 17 June 2022In one of the following ways:
via the form
Department of Human Resources
Competition No. 2022-06-17-01
3025, Boulevard de Tracy, CB 368
Sorel Tracy (Quebec) J3P 7K1
Thanks for your order, However, only those who have been identified will be contacted.
We participate in the Equal Access Program and encourage women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous people, and people with disabilities to apply. Some amenities may also be available to persons with disabilities.