LinkedIn is 810 million monthly active users in over 200 countries! Due to its impressive height, this platform should be a part of your marketing strategy. So follow these super simple tips to grow your LinkedIn audience…
1. Share your LinkedIn Page content regularly
Companies that post at least once a week see their post double. Content ideas include company updates, customer stories, feedback on industry news, and insights into your goal and mission. Content. If you run out of ideas, LinkedIn offers a suggestions tool to easily discover popular topics of interest to your target audience.
2. Invite your friends and acquaintances to follow your page
Your existing professional network can be one of your best assets in the early stages of building your business. Spread the word using the invite to follow button.
3. Link to your LinkedIn Page
Always remember to add a link to your email signature, newsletter, blog articles, on your business card… You can also add a LinkedIn “Follow” button on your website. Posting content once or twice a day to your LinkedIn Page also helps build a relationship of trust between you and your audience and increases engagement and visibility. In fact, the pages published daily get twice as many shares.
Using the right hashtags helps you get closer to your audience and more. On the other hand, people who don’t follow you yet will see posts with hashtags and you don’t communicate with them. On the other hand, those who don’t mention any of them will be seen mainly by your followers and those who interact in that post. Moreover, the platform encourages you to use hashtags. When you publish and improve your LinkedIn company page, you will see many suggestions for relevant hashtags to use.
5. Master the LinkedIn algorithm
After thinking about the content you want to share, it’s time to post in a way that increases your chances of getting a high organic reach. Therefore, you need to understand the LinkedIn algorithm. Here are some key points to increase your membership reach:
- LinkedIn loves comments because they will add more value to your content. This is why you often see pages that ask questions and say “link in comments”. So getting thoughtful feedback should be your primary focus if you want to increase your organic reach.
- The second best way to increase your organic reach is to receive likes and shares.
- LinkedIn wants to become a powerful content hub. Content that doesn’t include links to kick the community out of the platform tends to perform better, which means keeping people engaged and focusing more content there.
- Interactive posts perform better. So consider adding images to text, circular elements, etc. and not always linking to posts.
- Make sure to post content when your followers are most active. Remember that the frequency of posting varies for each social network.
7. Adjust your content based on your page analytics
Page admins have access to a suite of post analytics, which provide demographic information about your followers and visitors, as well as engagement data from your updates. Use this information to determine what works versus what doesn’t, and customize your content according to what your subscribers want.
8. Interact in LinkedIn Groups
Did you know that there are great thought leaders in LinkedIn groups? There are small and large groups on this platform and you can even create your own groups. Share your articles there, comment on what others have shared, and interact with people in your target group. Make sure you are there regularly and mention your business page when appropriate.
9. List companies and influencers
Think carefully about your field of work. Are there any particularly influential people you’d like to work with? Are there any non-competing companies you would like to partner with? If so, start mentioning it in your posts. This will not only allow you to appear in their networks but will also increase the chances of them seeing you and then sharing your post on their feed. Just make sure that these people and companies are the people you want to connect with.
The benefits of a great LinkedIn Page with an engaged audience are countless. If you need training in this area, take a look at our Online Marketing Training with Social Media Strategy Component.