A common core of basic skills for working in the digital field
Building and building on common skills is an important point for those who want to enter the web sector.
An essential foundation for successful projects
Because the digital professions are interconnected, this general knowledge base is essential to understanding the terms and issues of other web professionals. This foundation is necessary to work in a team and understand your interlocutor, so that you can build a constructive dialogue with him. Web companies know this and are looking for diverse working candidates, with a strong digital culture and key skills, to facilitate exchanges and allow for successful projects to be created.
Moreover, the digital sector is not fragmented and the boundaries between different digital professions are riddled with gaps, indicating broad prospects for those who wish to integrate it. These common skills are useful to all professionals in this sector, no matter what job they pursue early in their career and no matter what profession they will choose to move into in the future.
6 essential skills identified by ECITV
This unique characteristic of the digital sector, well defined by ECITV. The great school of digital, web, and audiovisual study offers all of its students the opportunity to gain common skills at the start of the course. 6 weeks of professional seminars, to answer the peculiarities of the web professions and enhance the employability of these experts in the future. Thus ECITV has selected 6 key points that embody this common base of knowledge:
- Editing technology for web and search engine optimization: « ce séminaire a pour but d’apprendre à écrire pour le web, d’utiliser les bonnes méthodes pour rédiger un article chaud ou un contenu froid, mais il permet aussi de savoir identifier les requêtes sur lesquetrage sebon positioner for example”, Explains Yoann Barrier, principal of the school.
- Photo shop: This module allows you to understand the basics of graphic design software, practice creating a logo or making modifications, etc.
- Audiovisual and editing: During this seminar, students are assigned a subject that they will have to deal with. Students recently carried out a project about TikTok. They were divided into teams of 5 and had to create a small script, photograph their subject and then work on editing to get a good quality end result. »
- Creating websites: This unit aims to teach learners how to work with code and practice HTML and CSS languages.
- WordPress: It is the most popular CMS to date. This teaching consists of discovering the platform and creating a portfolio. “The ultimate goal is for students to share all their work on a blog”Director confirms.
- Shopify: This session targets dealing with the e-commerce platform, from the ground up. “This allows them to set up a shop, and we encourage them to maintain it for the remainder of the course.”
Learning by doing, a method that promotes professional integration
Besides common skills, interest in practice to acquire these faculties is no longer a constant in the digital sector. To facilitate the professional integration of its students, ECITV relies on teaching that fosters role playing and learning related to project building.
Benefits of concrete cases of learning
With regard to numerical theory, theory is not enough and a “learning by doing” approach, sometimes called pedagogy by project, is now necessary. By interacting with the web environment, learners will be better able to assimilate and understand it. This methodology is also key to crafting their adaptability and agility, two skills that are especially prized in the digital world.
The project-based method of teaching is entirely part of the DNA of the teaching that ECITV provides. For Yoann Barrier, School Principal, this learning stems from a hands-on approach: “Since work-study comes so early in the course, students must be sufficiently practical. So it seemed logical to us that projects should be quickly incorporated into the course so that learners could work independently, putting their creativity to good use. , improving their style, both in graphics and design..
Work and study, strong point to start your career
The first year of a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing offered by ECITV is offered either as an initial or a work-study basis. The second and third years are carried out only alternately. “We felt a desire on the part of the students to enter the labor market early”, explains the director. While the study of work allows students to understand the issues in the field, this practice-based learning has clear benefits for those who choose this type of course: Learners who begin the work-study program in year one may retain it in year two or even year three to complete the course.
At the end of this Bachelor’s degree, students can continue their studies within ECITV by choosing one of the three Master’s degrees offered: Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing and E-Business, Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence, or Master’s Degree. Degree in Audiovisual Communication and Digital Marketing. The Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing offered by the school allows for two RNCP titles at Levels 5 and 6. Learners can therefore apply for positions such as community manager, traffic manager, web marketing manager, digital content manager or even digital communications manager. .
Discover a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing at ECITV