While the audience for Pinterest is predominantly female, male usage has steadily grown. The social platform now reaches around 27% of men aged 25-54, which could provide a unique digital marketing opportunity for more men’s brands and products. But how do men use Pinterest in their purchasing journeys? How to improve your Pinterest marketing strategy for men?
While Pinterest has been a hit with women forever, more and more millennial men are creating Pinterest accounts over the years. In 2016, for example, 40% of new subscribers were men, while in 2018, Pinterest reported that half of those who joined the social platform were men.
At the time, they were mainly looking for DIY projects related to kids, kitchen gadgets and home projects, household items including smart home, camping gear, and outdoor ideas. When it comes to fashion, there has been an increase in searches for vintage watches, shoulder bags, plaid pants, and even French hairstyles (source: Pinterest).
For 2022, the social platform has released major new insights into the use of Pinterest in digital marketing by male audiences and how they use the app compared to other users.
The study reveals that:
- 55% of male users seek to go to the cinema more;
- 55% of them seek to go to the restaurant.
- 50% are looking to host house parties in 2022;
- 60% are looking for new family activities;
- 30% of male Pinners are looking to buy a new car.
Additionally, Pinterest reports that 75% of men are looking to spend more money to achieve their goals this year.
How do you plan a marketing strategy on Pinterest?
Here are three things to remember when planning your Pinterest marketing strategy:
- Personalization is the main driver of success: More than any other factor, finding the right item is the number one reason men say they had a successful shopping trip;
- They turn faster: When men are looking for something, they do less research in a category before buying;
- These are excellent buyers: They are willing to spend more for a brand they know. So it pays to contact them early and often. They also prefer paying full price to get what they want faster.
How do you reach guys on Pinterest?
Above all, plan your strategy for reaching men at important times in their lives, such as seasonal holidays, cultural events, and life’s great moments. Align your message to the moment to make a bigger impact. In other words, Identify important moments in their lives to communicate in time. So, There is a social media calendar for 2022 to better prepare your marketing campaigns on Pinterest.
With this in mind, revitalize your messaging and targeting by incorporating ideas and trends around men’s lifestyle concerns. Base your campaign on Pinterest search trends in 2022.
Finally, show how your latest products can help men in their daily lives. Promotion of new products.
If you still think that Facebook and Twitter are the alpha and omega of social networks, think again. 80% of Pinterest pins are repins, which means that this is a platform that can bring traffic very well to grow your brand. Once on Pinterest, focus on the male target as well, because now they have great potential in digital marketing.