Meta doesn’t just think about meta development. Faced with the heyday of Chinese social network TikTok, the Mark Zuckerberg-led company announced the global launch of Facebook Reels, an Instagram-inspired feature focused on short video content in a vertical format…
Facebook Reels is also available in France
Last September, Facebook Reels was launched publicly but only for United State. Now the feature is available globally at 150+ countries via iOS and Android apps. This key element in Meta’s response to the powerful threat of TikTok allows creators to share Reels posting from Instagram or share short video content on Facebook to reach a wider audience.
The company notes that the videos are currently very representative of the app’s users. Almost half of their time on Facebook is watching videos. The idea of the platform is not just to promote this new content on the social network. also aims to Provides a way to monetize creators.
In any way ? Through advertising banners, posters, etc., which is still expanding, according to Facebook.
New Features on Facebook Reels
In addition to the features announced last year, creators around the world will have access to four other tools:
- Drafts : it will be possible to create reels and choose “Save as draft” under the Save button;
- Video shot Video trimmers will soon be available in the next few months, so that content creators can publish live, long or recorded videos and experiment with different formats more easily;
- rollers 60 seconds: the reels last a maximum of 60 seconds;
- remix : Creators will be able to create Reels alongside an existing and publicly shared reel on Facebook. When creating a remix, you can create reels that include all or part of another creator’s reels.
In the coming weeks, the Meta will be introducing new updates to make it easier to create and discover reels in new places:
- top flow : A new Reels tag will be available at the top of the stream to easily create and view reels with just a few clicks;
- Reels in stories : You can share public reels to Stories on Facebook, which makes it easy to share your favorite reels with friends and gives more visibility to creators. You will also be able to create reels from existing public stories;
- reels per hour : You will be able to view and create the reels directly in the watch screen.
- Suggestions while broadcasting : In some countries, Meta suggests Reels from people you don’t know directly in your feed.
To try these features:
- Simply access the updated Facebook app on iOS or Android;
- Find the new Reels tab at the top of the screen;
- Just like on Instagram, you can start creating Reels right away.
Towards content monetization on Facebook Reels?
On the other hand, there are also “new monetization tools for creators”. They will be triggered by ads that appear as stickers and as a semi-transparent layer at the bottom of Facebook Reels.
Currently, these latter features are reaching users in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Meta says its program to monetize ad revenue sharing and fan support It will reach more countries in the coming weeks.