Idea Pins, formerly known as Story Pins, are a great way to engage with your audience on Pinterest. How can they improve your social media strategy on Pinterest? Pinterest revealed 6 tips for using Idea Pins…
As of May 2021, Pinterest has published Ideas Pins to all business accounts in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
They can help creators and business owners better reach their audience on Pinterest. If used correctly, it can educate and inspire viewers (and get them to buy).
In fact, Pinterest has provided six concept ideas to create compelling idea pins. You can use them for all kinds of content, from lessons to personal stories.
Social network notes before all that “The foundation of a great idea is a great idea. Plan around your passion, and choose the topics and ideas that really matter to you. It’s easier to create great content when you’re excited, and your credibility will shine through in your final content.”
Education Pins teach new skills, provide tutorials, or recommend specific products. You can film yourself doing the idea, or use videos, appropriately sized images, and text to guide people through the steps.
2. A little advice
This format is great if you have an idea that won’t take you long to explain. You don’t even have to add text to pin photos or videos: just add it to the description instead.
Show people multiple ways to use the same ingredient, product, or ingredient. You can also apply this format to show recipe tips, how to incorporate new interior design for different rooms in your home, etc.
Tell an inspiring story from your own life, such as the one that shaped your personal growth.
Bring experts or other members of your audience to the solution. Ask people to submit questions ahead of time, respond to people’s comments with a new Idea Pin, or invite someone else “on the air” to chat with you.
Just hit record, start creating, and let them watch. You don’t need to add complicated audio feedback or writing instructions: just show off your skills and let others remotely enjoy the process.
- Once logged into your Pinterest account, click Create to Create an Idea Pin where Create a Pin.
- Drag and drop up to 20 photos or videos into the window.
- Once you choose the media, use the tools on the right of the screen to customize your pages. Click on behind Background to select and change the background.
- Click on to adjust Adjusts and resizes your photos and videos. You can also click text To add multiple text boxes where you can change the font, size, alignment, and color of the text.
- If you want to add more photos or videos, you can click the icon more ( + ) at the top left of your screen.
- Look at the preview of the idea pin and tap following to post it.
- Fill in some info about your Idea Pin: title, cover photo (or thumbnail of your video), add it to a board, add relevant tags, allow or deny comments, add a list. Don’t forget to add it to an array;
- Click on Publish To download your personal identification number.
Video is a key component of Idea Pins, as Pins target the growing consumer demand for short video content of a creative nature, such as what is streamed via TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube Short and others. Videos in Pins can be up to 60 seconds long on iOS, Android, and the web per page, with up to 20 pages total per Pin.
Pinterest has not yet provided solid numbers on Idea Pin usage, but it did note that the format has received a lot of interest from users. With the growing interest in short videos, Idea Pins are sure to have a powerful impact on your social media campaigns.